FGDC will be holding a webinar briefing and discussion on Thursday, May 24 from 2:00-3:00 pm EDT about the next round of nominations and appointments to the National Geospatial Advisory Committee (NGAC). Webinar and conference line instructions are included below.
The NGAC is a Federal Advisory Committee that provides advice and recommendations to the FGDC on geospatial policy and management issues and provides a forum to convey views of non-Federal stakeholders in the geospatial community. The NGAC includes members from all levels of government, non-profits, academia, and the private sector. NGAC members are appointed by the Secretary of the Interior. The NGAC meets 3 to 4 times per year, and subcommittees work between meetings to develop draft products for review by the full committee. Additional information about the NGAC, including the NGAC charter, key products , and summaries of meetings are available on the NGAC website at www.fgdc.gov/ngac.
10 of the 28 current appointments to the NGAC will expire in December 2012. The next round of appointments to the NGAC will be initiated with a Call for Nominations in early June 2012. The Call for Nominations will be open for 45 days. In the May 24 briefing, we will provide information about the nomination and appointment process and answer any questions from partners in the geospatial community. Our goal is to seek highly-qualified nominees who will provide a representative cross-section of organizations and perspectives on the committee.
We encourage you to attend this briefing and to consider submitting nominations of qualified candidates for appointment. If you are not able to attend the webinar but would like information about the nomination process, please let us know. If you have any questions about the webinar or about the nominations process, please contact John Mahoney at FGDC (firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-220-4621)
To join the Webinar via GoToMeeting:
Step 1: Register for the Webinar
1. Go to the following Registration Page link:
2. Complete the Registration form.
3. Click Register Now.
4. You will receive a confirmation email providing you with a unique link to join the Webinar as well as a link to add the event to an Outlook or Lotus Notes calendar.
Step 2: Join the Webinar
1. At the time of the Webinar, open the confirmation or reminder email for the Webinar event.
2. Click the link provided in the email to join the Webinar.
3. If prompted, click Yes, Trust or Always to accept the download. If the automatic download does not occur, follow the instructions on the download Web page to do it manually.
To join the Audio Conference: